Saturday, August 1, 2015

August Currently

I waited all day for Farley to post the new "Currently" template!  I was so excited to see it tonight!  Thanks, Farley!!
This is probably my favorite thing to blog about at the moment.   Everyone needs to do self-reflection and deep thinking, and this link-up usually gets my juices flowing.

So without further ado, here is my August Currently.

Mrs. Thomas' Teachable Moments

Listening:
I don't know about you, but lately, when I am making something large on my laptop, or if I have lots of applications open, my computer sounds like it turns on it's super powers and is getting ready to take flight.  It also gets crazy hot on the bottom.  So, I looked into getting a little thing that my laptop sits on with fans blowing on the bottom of my laptop so it won't get so hot!  If you are looking for a good one, click on the picture to see the one I got on Amazon. (I am not affiliated with Amazon or this company, I just like this product!)
 Targus Dual Fan Chill Mat

Loving:
My sister, brother-in-law, and niece came in town to visit us this weekend from Oklahoma.  It will probably be the last visit for a while though because when school gets started back, things get crazy!  We have enjoyed each other's company and are going to the water park tomorrow!  Ben and Emily don't know that yet, though.  They just know they have a surprise after church!

Thinking:
WHY is it already August.  That is too much reality for me right now!

Wanting:
I have spent a lot of time this summer creating things for TPT and trying to focus on my business.  It makes me feel guilty even typing that.  I do it mostly when the twins are napping, but I have been working on things during the day, and I want to make sure I am present, in the moment, and soaking up these precious moments I have with them before school starts up.

Needing:
To go to sleep as soon as I post this!  It's 11:30 and I have church in the morning!

Back to School Random Act of Kindness:
Lastly, my B2S RAK is to finally get to give my new team mates (most of whom I haven't met yet!) the cool things I got them while I was at the TPT Conference in Vegas!  
Mrs. Thomas' Teachable Moments
 Pen next to it for size!
I carried SEVEN of these huge things all the way from the Venetian back to my hotel, dropped them all as I was just getting to my hotel, and of course they flew out in front of me in every direction in front of no less than 20 people!  Those are the things that happen to me!  LOL.

As always, I love comments!  Share with me a time you have done a RAK or been the recipient of a RAK!

5 comments:

  1. Hey Mindy!
    So sweet of you to get your teammates a gift from Vegas. I'm sure they'll love it!

    Jordan
    Team J's Second Grade Fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    I'm thrilled to meet another Texas teacher/blogger. I'm glad I found your blog.

    Molly

    Psyched to be in 2nd!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mindy, I enjoyed reading through your currently. I am with you, how is it already August?! This summer has flown by. Have a great time with you family in town. Enjoy the water park, sounds like fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was so thoughtful for you to bring those back for your teammates!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok Mindy, I think we are like twins separated at birth. Except you got all the cute genes. Your team has no idea how nice it was of you to tote those massive posters for them. I took one look at those and thought uh nooo I am not going to try to figure out how to pack that!!! I got a $10 TPT giftcard during the giveaway and guess what I bought...more clip art. #addictedandididntevenuseanyofit. Where are you in TX???

    ReplyDelete